Angie's List posted a loss of 6 cents a share, in line with analysts' estimates and narrower than a loss of 14 cents a share in the same period one year earlier. Revenue rose 39% year over year to $72.7 million from $52.2 million, while revenue from paid memberships rose 25% to $18.3 million.
"The first quarter represented solid performance for the company," said CEO Bill Oesterle in a statement. "We grew fast, produced cash and improved margins, all while investing in new products and upgrading our technology. I am pleased with the progress we have made against our operating plan for the full year."
The stock was up 7.25% in after-market activity.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet's Stocks Under $10 has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV