Altria Group (MO) is a Virginia based $75 billion market cap tobacco marketer trading 8 million shares on a typical day.
Price to Book: 18.3
Forward Estimated Earnings Payout Percentage: 81%Altria trades at a substantial discount compared to most industries because of its sin factor. You may not like cigarette smoke, but I can assure you that your portfolio doesn't care. Your portfolio's only concern is profits and Altria's chart is moving from the bottom left to the upper right. In fact, this week marked another multi-year high while also offering a dividend yield above 5%. The company is expected to report earnings before the open on Thursday, so if you're reading this before the earnings report, I suggest waiting until after it reports before entering, so you won't get blindsided right at the start. Analysts have not reached a consensus. All else being equal, it's generally a bearish indication when the majority of analysts don't get behind a stock. Analysts love to push stocks, and no accord is almost the same as a sell rating. 6 out of 12 rate a hold. 6 recommend buying and no analysts recommend selling. The average analyst target price for Altria Group is $39.70. Short sellers hate this stock. Every single short seller that has held for more than a month is underwater. There's isn't many short sellers, though, with only 0.8% of the float shorted.
At the time of publication, Weinstein had no positions in securities mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV