Procter & Gamble (PG) manufactures and markets a broad range of consumer products in many countries throughout the world. Products fall into five business segments: fabric and home care, paper, beauty care, health care, and food and beverage.
Price to Book: 3.2
Forward Estimated Earnings Payout Percentage: 54%From a technical analysis point of view, the chart is in a solid bull trend. The initial decline on Wednesday after posting earnings is a buying dip and should fully become priced in by Friday.
While not initially favoring the slight miss on revenue, the market will brush it off quickly. $20.56 billion actual revenue vs. $20.6 billion estimated is so slight that it's little more than a rounding error. Of greater importance to shareholders is the beat on earnings, generating $1.04 per share, 2 cents above estimates. Shareholders receive $2.41 annually in dividends. The yield is now slightly north of 3%. Analyst opinion is mixed. Most of the analysts surveyed don't believe a buy or a sell should be made at this point. Currently, Procter & Gamble has 13 buy recommendations out of 26 analysts covering the company, 12 holds, and 1 recommends selling. The average analyst target price for Procter & Gamble is $86.95. Almost zero desire by short sellers to move against this stock. Short interest hardly moves the needle with only 0.9% of the float. When short sellers aren't interested, you should be.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV