NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Biogen Idec
(BIIB) shares are down -1.5% to $301.50 in trading on Wednesday, following the release of the company's first quarter earnings report.
Year over year quarterly revenue rose 50.5% to $2.13 billion, beating analysts consensus estimates of $2 billion.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
SELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more.
However, earnings per share for the biotech company missed guidance, posting an EPS of $2.47, missing analysts estimates by 9 cents.
Biotech ETF stocks are takings hits across the board as Reneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN), Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN), Amgen (AMGN) and Celgene (CELG) are all declining in trade today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV