Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) today announced that banking veteran Jonathan G. Weiss has been named the new head of Wells Fargo Securities, effective May 15, 2014. Weiss, who is based in New York, will replace John Shrewsberry, who was recently named the company’s next Chief Financial Officer. Weiss will report to Tim Sloan, who was recently named to be the new leader of Wholesale Banking at Wells Fargo.
“We’re extremely fortunate to have such a strong management team with deep bench strength already in place at Wells Fargo Securities,” said Sloan. “Jon has 34 years of experience across several financial services sectors, including investment banking, advisory, leveraged finance, loan syndications and international. In his new role, he will continue to lead our securities business on a path of disciplined, profitable growth in support of Wells Fargo’s valued corporate, middle market and institutional clients.”
Weiss, along with Charlotte, NC-based Robert Engel, had most recently served as co-head of Investment Banking & Capital Markets at Wells Fargo Securities. Engel, who has more than 25 years of investment banking experience providing advice and execution for clients across numerous industries and has been an equal partner in Investment Banking & Capital Market’s success, will continue to lead that business.
“I’m excited to take on this new role and collaborate with a great team,” said Weiss. “The Wells Fargo Securities approach, which combines a long-term relationship focus, expert insight and advice, teamwork, and best in class execution, is a winning formula for our clients, team members and shareholders.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV