CHERRY HILL, N.J. and WASHINGTON, April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TD today announced a renewed partnership with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) to sponsor 110 adult financial education seminars for approximately 2,000 people in Florida, New York City, Philadelphia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
NFCC member agencies will host and teach the seminars, scheduled through Dec. 31, 2014, with a focus on budgeting and basic financial management skills, understanding credit reports and scores, and preparing for home ownership.
"The NFCC is delighted to partner with TD, whose commitment to financial education aligns perfectly with our mission," said Susan C. Keating, president and CEO of the NFCC. "We applaud their support of financial education, and are pleased they selected the NFCC Member Agency network to deliver the education in these communities."
The seminars are free of charge and open to anyone who may benefit from credit counseling, those struggling with personal finances, and individuals and families who want to learn more about how to build personal wealth, buy a home or invest for the future."Financial education is a lifelong journey, and TD is dedicated to providing the tools and resources necessary to help people take control of their finances," said Elizabeth K. Warn, Senior Vice President of Community Development for TD Bank. "This renewed partnership is a great opportunity for TD and NFCC to continue to provide critical information and guidance for people to make smart financial decisions." NFCC member agencies will host seminars in the following locations:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV