NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of CNOOC Ltd. (CEO) are down -1.43% to $163.56 as the Beijing-based offshore crude oil and natural gas producer sells multibillion-dollar bonds in three portions, in part to repay loans related to $15.1 billion purchase of Canadian oil-sands operator Nexen Inc., sources say, the Wall Street Journal reports.
Cnooc's bonds are marketed to U.S. investors, and are provisionally rated at Aa3 by Moody's Investors Service and AA- by Standard & Poor's.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV