Meredith Attwell Baker Named Chief Executive Officer Of CTIA-The Wireless AssociationA®
WASHINGTON, April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Meredith Attwell Baker, a veteran telecommunications executive and former commissioner of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), has been named President and Chief Executive Officer of CTIA-The Wireless Association®, effective June 2, the association announced today.
Baker, who worked at CTIA early in her career, will replace Steve Largent, 59, who announced his retirement last October. Largent has served as President and CEO since November 2003.
"I am thrilled to have this opportunity to use my experience in both the public and private sectors to help the vital and fast-growing wireless communications industry," Baker said. "The wireless industry has grown significantly over the past decade and now permeates every part of our lives from education, and health care to energy and business. CTIA should be in the center of discussions about how wireless is reshaping our economy, our society and our culture. I look forward to continuing CTIA's long tradition of finding bipartisan solutions to ensure adequate spectrum availability and opportunities to unlock the next generation of investment and innovation."
"I plan to bring new ideas and new initiatives to the association that will take it from good to great. We will recruit and keep the best and brightest experts in spectrum and wireless communications," Baker added. "CTIA must be the 'go to' organization on wireless issues for both industry and government."Among the innovations that Baker said she plans to pursue:
- Place more emphasis on technical and engineering expertise related to spectrum and wireless technologies.
- Work with commercial and government users to produce a viable five-year plan for the future of spectrum usage.
- Begin to regularly assess how efficiently spectrum is being used.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV