- Washington, Ill. (Storm Relief Clean-Up) – On November 17, 2013, an EF-4 tornado devastated Washington, IL and other surrounding communities. Bethany Community Church has been working since that time to provide relief to the community by sending in thousands of volunteer work teams and arranging housing for the displaced. As of March 15th, around 50 percent of the clean-up has been done, but there is still a lot of work to do. Approximately 500 Comcast Cares Day volunteers will clear and haul debris, and tear out drywall and carpet in impacted community facilities.
- Baltimore City, Md. (Druid Hill Park) – Approximately 300 volunteers will be building a native garden, pruning, weeding and mulching, cleaning up trash around the park, and installing a fence.
- Nashville, Tenn. (Jere Baxter Middle School) – Approximately 400 volunteers will be sprucing up the school by landscaping the main entrance, hanging bulletin boards, cleaning and decorating classrooms, painting, and building a small shed near the athletic field.
- Ang Mo Kio, Singapore (Thye Hua Kwan Senior Activity Center) – Volunteers at the senior center will be spring cleaning and providing companionship with the elderly for the afternoon.
- Houston, Texas (Camp Hope) – Approximately 270 volunteers will lend a hand at Camp Hope, which provides interim housing for veterans and their families suffering from combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder in a caring and positive environment. Projects will include park cleanup and deck maintenance.
- Los Angeles, Calif. (Rio Vista Elementary School) – Approximately 500 volunteers will transform the walls of the school by painting multicultural and diverse murals as well as general beautification of the school.
- New York, NY (East River Park Revitalization) – Approximately 70 volunteers will improve East River Park by removing weeds from plant beds, applying compost and woodchips to trees, planting native shrubs, and painting a fence. The completed projects will prepare East River Park for the busy summer months.
- Philadelphia, Penn. (Germantown Boys & Girls Club) – More than 250 volunteers will clean up the historic structure that serves the Boys & Girls Club as well as adjacent athletic fields and open space. Litter removal, landscaping, painting, and minor repairs will be included in the project.
- London, UK (Action Homeless Concern) – Volunteers will be preparing and serving lunch and refreshments to the homeless, clearing tables, washing dishes and sorting the food pantry.
- Washington, D.C. (West Education Campus) – Approximately 400 volunteers will participate in this school clean-up project that includes painting murals, planting flowers and plants, mulching and building vegetable gardens. West Education Campus supports the development of creative and innovative thinkers from preschool through 8th grade.
Comcast And NBCUniversal ‘Make Change Happen’ In Communities Around The World On 13th Comcast Cares Day
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.