3 Stocks Reiterated As A Buy: HAL, IBM, MCD
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the IT Services industry and the overall market, INTL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- INTL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP's earnings per share declined by 14.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INTL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP increased its bottom line by earning $15.02 versus $14.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($17.94 versus $15.02).
- Despite the weak revenue results, IBM has outperformed against the industry average of 20.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the IT Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 21.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $3,032.00 million to $2,384.00 million.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, IBM has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 7.36% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: International Business Machines Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.