NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- By the time this week is over, more than 300 companies will have reported earnings. That includes some of the biggest names and brands in the world. A streak of strong earnings could significantly change the direction of the market.
Today, that is especially true for the technology sector. So how can investors profit on these earnings announcements? Cashtaggers at StockTwits have been debating that. Here are some highlights.
1. After today's closing bell both Apple (AAPL - Get Report) and Facebook (FB - Get Report) will report earnings. Apple is down 5% this year, and bullish sentiment on StockTwits has dropped even further -- from around 90% at the beginning of the year to 65% today. We've selected notable headlines and posts this week about Apple. Read them before Apple reports:
MacRumors: Apple's iPhone 6 release delayed for battery issue http://stks.co/e0SyG $AAPL -- Vconomics (@Vconomics) Apr. 22 at 06:08 PM
$aapl..cnet reporting large screen iphone might not be ready till 2015 -- christopher brecher (@christopherbrecher) Apr. 22 at 02:10 PM
$AAPL Screenshot of IOS 8 Healthbook - Time to add Stress tracking, which is inevitable after consuming so much info http://stks.co/s0EMZ -- Sri (@vatsid) Apr. 21 at 10:22 PM
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts