Apple unveiled a new iPhone ad today, with a cover of the Pixies' Gigantic, which was a hit song in the 1980's.
This is different than Apple's more recent iPhone ads, which have been aimed at showing what the iPhone could do in certain situations. This ad still has that, as it shows off the heart rate monitoring, helping tune instruments, or helping a kid (dressed as a dinosaur) use his imagination to the fullest. It reminds me of the old iPod commercials, which were the essence of cool, and that's something Apple's recent ads have lacked, that essence of cool.
This one has it, and not a moment too soon for Apple.--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV