- Surpassed, three years early, a 10-year goal to direct $50 billion towards activities that mitigate climate change, including financing for renewable energy and energy efficiency and investments in the greening of Citi’s operations.
- Met our 2015 operational environmental performance goals for greenhouse gas emissions and waste two years early, reducing our emissions by 25% and our waste to landfill by 41%, all from a 2005 baseline.
- Developed a new Energy and Power Framework to responsibly guide our energy and power financing. This new Framework complements our long standing Environmental and Social Risk Management Policy, which helped us manage risks in 443 transactions across sectors and geographies.
- Increased our overall commitment to microfinance under a partnership with the U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) that began in 2006. To date, Citi and OPIC have provided $365 million in funding to 40 microfinance institutions in 22 countries reaching 975,000 borrowers, nine in ten of whom are women.
- Lent and invested nearly $4.4 billion in cities across the U.S. to support affordable housing, education, healthcare and small business activities through Citi Community Capital.
- Provided $66 million in business and corporate contributions to community programs. In addition, the Citi Foundation invested $78 million to support financial inclusion and economic progress in underserved communities in 87 countries.
- Added 18 new employee affinity networks, which support Citi’s inclusive culture by developing and retaining diverse talent. A total of 92 such networks represent 14,000 members across 11 countries and 35 cities.
Citi Issues 2013 Global Citizenship Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts