NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Illumina (ILMN) has been upgraded to "buy" from "hold" with a $205 price target, Maxim Group said Wednesday. The firm justified the revision by noting clinical customers are accelerating adoption and the company is seeing better penetration of HiSeq X Ten.
After the bell Tuesday, the company reported net income of 53 cents a share and revenue of $420.78 million over the three months to March. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had forecast net income of 44 cents a share and $391.76 million in revenue.
Management said it has increased full-year guidance to 21% to 23% revenue growth and earnings between $2.10 and $2.15 a share. Analysts had forecast 18.2% revenue growth and earnings of $2.05 a share.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet's Stocks Under $10 has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV