VMware (VMW) Is Today's Pre-Market Laggard Stock
- VMW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $227.9 million.
- VMW traded 10,588 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:29 AM.
- VMW is down 6.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VMW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VMW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VMW: VMware, Inc. provides virtualization infrastructure solutions in the United States and internationally. VMW has a PE ratio of 47.1. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate VMware a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for VMware has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. VMware has a market cap of $13.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 16.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates VMware as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VMW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- VMW's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, VMW has a quick ratio of 2.25, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 63.82% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.45% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- VMWARE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VMWARE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.34 versus $1.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.54 versus $2.34).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 62.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $205.77 million to $335.00 million.
- You can view the full VMware Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts