PHILADELPHIA, April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK), a global leader in consumer packaging, today announced that it has completed its acquisition of Mivisa Envases, SAU, a leading Spanish manufacturer of two- and three-piece food cans and ends, from certain investment funds managed by affiliates of The Blackstone Group L.P., N+1 Mercapital and management.
Mivisa, based in Murcia, Spain, is the largest food can producer in both the Iberian Peninsula and Morocco. Primarily serving the vegetable, fruit, fish and meat segments, Mivisa currently operates ten manufacturing facilities, including six in Spain and one in Morocco.
About Crown Holdings, Inc. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK) is a leading manufacturer of packaging products for consumer marketing companies around the world. Crown makes a wide range of metal packaging for food, beverage, household and personal care and industrial products and metal vacuum closures and caps. As of December 31, 2013, the Company operated 147 plants located in 40 countries, employing 21,335 people.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements Except for historical information, all other information in this press release consists of forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors. Important factors that could cause the statements made in this press release or the actual results of operations or financial condition of Crown to differ are discussed under the caption "Forward Looking Statements" in Crown's Form 10-K Annual Report for the year ended December 31, 2013 and in subsequent filings made prior to or after the date hereof. Crown does not intend to review or revise any particular forward-looking statement in light of future events.For more information, contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV