- Virtual Surgical Planning (VSP ®) software tools provide surgeons with unprecedented precision and control in previously inoperable cases
- Integrated 3D planning and printing combine as the digital thread to create a virtual-to-actual operating room in which surgeries can be planned, tested, refined and delivered economically
ROCK HILL, S.C., April 23, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that its Medical Modeling ™ Virtual Surgical Planning (VSP ®) technology – the combination of its production grade 3D printing and personalized surgery tools – has enabled surgeons to conduct complex surgical procedures on newborn and infant patients with more confidence in safety and success.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=24916
VSP allows surgeons to capture a digital model of the patient directly from an MRI or CT scan and work with 3DS' Medical Modeling experts to create a detailed surgical plan and then 3D print physical models and custom surgical guides from 3DS' biocompatible stereolithography (SLA) materials. By accessing 3DS' entire personalized digital thread from perceptual devices like its TouchX™ haptic, VSP software tools and the guidance of its expert team of biomedical engineers, surgeons can virtually plan and physically practice critical steps of an operation before a patient ever sets foot in the operating room.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts