REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 23, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OncoMed Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq:OMED), a clinical-stage company developing novel therapeutics that target cancer stem cells (CSCs), or tumor-initiating cells, today announced that several abstracts have been accepted for presentation at the upcoming American Society for Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting being held May 30 – June 3, 2014 in Chicago, IL.
OncoMed will present new clinical data from its ongoing studies, including the Phase 1b study of demcizumab (OMP-21M18, anti-DLL4) in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), the Phase 1/2 PINNACLE trial of OMP-59R5 (anti-Notch 2/3) in small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) and the Phase 1 trial of OMP-54F28 (FZD8-Fc) in patients with advanced solid tumors. The list of abstracts and timing of the presentations is provided below.
- A first-in-human Phase 1 study of anti-cancer stem cell agent OMP-54F28 (FZD8-Fc), decoy receptor for WNT ligands, in patients with advanced solid tumors. ( Abstract# 2505)
Presenting author: Antonio Jimeno M.D., Ph.D., University of Colorado Cancer Center Date and time: Saturday, May 31, 2014 at 1:15 PM – 4:15 PM CDT Session: Oral Abstract Session - Developmental Therapeutics - Clinical Pharmacology and Experimental TherapeuticsPosters
- Phase 1b of anti-cancer stem cell antibody OMP-59R5 (anti-Notch2/3) in combination with etoposide and cisplatin (EP) in patients (pts) with untreated extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer (ED-SCLC). ( Abstract# 7601)
Presenting author: David R. Spigel, M.D., Sarah Cannon Research Institute Date and time: Saturday, May 31, 2014 at 1:15 PM – 5:00 PM CDT Session: General Poster Session - Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell Local-regional/Small Cell/Other Thoracic Cancers
- A Phase 1b study of the anti-cancer stem cell agent demcizumab (DEM), pemetrexed (PEM), and carboplatin (CARBO) in pts with first-line nonsquamous NSCLC. ( Abstract # 2544)
Presenting author: Mark McKeage, MBChB, MMedSc, Ph.D., FRACP, University of Auckland
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts