EMC Corporation (EMC) Is Today's Pre-Market Laggard Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified EMC Corporation (EMC) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified EMC Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $465.6 million.
- EMC traded 14,316 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:02 AM.
- EMC is down 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EMC NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on EMC: EMC Corporation develops, delivers, and supports information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure technologies, solutions, and services. It operates in three segments: Information Storage, Information Intelligence Group, and RSA Information Security. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. EMC has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate EMC Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.The average volume for EMC Corporation has been 22.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EMC has a market cap of $54.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.61 and a short float of 2.7% with 3.01 days to cover. Shares are up 7.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EMC Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EMC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- EMC CORP/MA has improved earnings per share by 23.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EMC CORP/MA increased its bottom line by earning $1.33 versus $1.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.95 versus $1.33).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,190.00 million or 15.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.18%.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Computers & Peripherals industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 17.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $869.92 million to $1,022.00 million.
- You can view the full EMC Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV