SAN JOSE, Calif., April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) today announced the demonstration of its FPGA technology based on Intel's 14 nm Tri-Gate process. The 14 nm-based FPGA test chips incorporate key intellectual property (IP) components – transceivers, mixed-signal IP and digital logic – used in Stratix® 10 FPGAs and SoCs. Altera and Intel collaborated on the development of the industry's first FPGA-based devices leveraging Intel's world-class process technology and Altera's industry-leading programmable logic technology.
"Today's news marks a significant milestone for Altera and for our customers," said Brad Howe, senior vice president of research and development at Altera. "Testing vital elements of our FPGAs in 14 nm Tri-Gate silicon allows us to validate device performance early in the design process and significantly accelerate the availability of our 14 nm-based products."
Altera leverages a comprehensive test chip program to de-risk the rollout of all its next-generation products by validating how Altera IP performs using innovative process improvements and circuit design techniques prior to final product tape out. Through the use of multiple 14-nm devices, Altera continues to see very positive results in the high-speed transceiver circuitry, digital logic and hard-IP blocks that will be used in Stratix 10 FPGAs and SoCs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV