NORTH CHICAGO, Ill., April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) today announced that data evaluating a number of investigational compounds in the company's oncology pipeline will be presented at the upcoming 50 th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), May 30 - June 3, in Chicago.
"Our clinical trial program underscores our commitment to developing innovative therapies that improve on current treatment options and create better outcomes for patients," said Gary Gordon, M.D., vice president, Oncology Development, AbbVie. "We have made substantial progress advancing our lead investigational compounds into Phase III testing and remain dedicated to the continued development of the other compounds in our oncology pipeline."
Data will be presented evaluating potential treatments for some of the most widespread and difficult-to-treat cancers. Data accepted for presentation include the results from three clinical trials evaluating the safety and efficacy of ABT-199/GDC-0199, a B-cell lymphoma-2 (BCL-2) selective inhibitor, in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) and the results of a Phase I clinical trial of ABT-414, an anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) monoclonal antibody drug conjugate, for the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme.
Meeting abstracts are available at http://am.asco.org/abstracts. Highlights include:ABT-199/GDC-0199
- ABT-199 (GDC-0199) Combined with Rituximab (R) in Patients (pts) With Relapsed / Refractory (R/R) Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL): Interim Results of a Phase 1b Study; S. Ma, et al.; Abstract 7013; May 31, 2014; Poster Session – 1:15-4:15 p.m., Discussion – 4:45-6:00 p.m.
- ABT-199 (GDC-0199) in Relapsed/Refractory (R/R) Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) and Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma (SLL): High Complete Response Rate and Durable Disease Control; J.F. Seymour, et al.; Abstract 7015; May 31, 2014; Poster Session – 1:15-4:15 p.m., Discussion – 4:45-6:00 p.m.
- Phase I Study of ABT-199 (GDC-0199) in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory (R/R) non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL): Responses Observed in Diffuse Large B-Cell (DLBCL) and Follicular Lymphoma (FL) at Higher Cohort Doses; M.S. Davids, et al.; Abstract 8522; May 30, 2014; Poster Session – 1:00-4:00 p.m., Discussion – 4:30-5:45 p.m.
- A Phase I Study Evaluating ABT-414 in Combination with Temozolomide (TMZ) for Subjects with Recurrent or Unresectable Glioblastoma (GBM); H.K. Gan, et al.; Abstract 2021; May 30, 2014; Poster Session – 1:00-4:00 p.m., Discussion – 4:30 -5:45 p.m.
- The Safety and Tolerability of Veliparib (V) plus Capecitabine (C) and Radiation (RT) in Subjects with Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer (LARC): Results of a Phase Ib Study; B. Czito, et al.; Abstract 3634; May 31, 2014; Poster Session – 8:00-11:45 a.m.
- A Phase 1 Dose-Escalation Study of Veliparib with Bimonthly FOLFIRI in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors; J. Berlin, et al.; Abstract 2574; June 1, 2014; Poster Session – 8:00-11:45 a.m.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts