Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is helping global manufacturer, Isola Group, build efficiency by implementing a corporate-wide wireless local area network (WLAN). After an acquisition, Isola Group had a mix of wireless technologies, security issues along with connectivity and reliability problems across all of its facilities. Employees on the shop floor had trouble accessing their barcode readers and executives were frustrated by the time it took to log on at each location. Working with Motorola PartnerEmpower™ Platinum partner American Barcode and RFID Inc. (AB&R), Isola implemented a centralized, site-based management system with new sensors and access points (AP) powered by Motorola’s WiNG 5 WLAN solution. Motorola’s AirDefense Services Platform was implemented to manage, monitor and protect Isola’s WLAN environments at its U.S. headquarters as well as branch offices in Europe and Asia.
Since implementing Motorola’s WLAN solution, Isola’s system has become centralized with strong security and monitoring to help improve efficiency. Employees in the carpeted office space area have seen increases in the speed of file transfers, improvements in reliability and the ability to quickly connect has been extremely well received by executives. Shop floor efficiency has also improved as a result of the technology upgrades.
- The WiNG 5 operating system provides the advanced brainpower required to create network awareness for the WLAN, allowing every piece of infrastructure in a wireless network to work together to route every transmission as efficiently as possible.
- Motorola’s centralized controllers provide comprehensive, hierarchical management enabling both robust security and site-survivability at the edge of the network and seamless roaming between sites.
- Motorola Access Points deployed in branch offices and headquarters deliver high performance, lower cost of deployment, and the speed required to support the most demanding applications, including voice and video.
- Isola Group is an advanced global electronics company that manufactures materials used in multi-layer printed circuit boards. Isola standardized its WLAN solution across global factories and offices in the United States, Europe and Asia, including its headquarters, 10 manufacturing sites and three research centers.
- Since 1980, American Barcode and RFID Inc. (AB&R) has been a nationally-recognized integrator of proven solutions that drive efficiency and productivity in the supply chain. Those solutions include asset tracking, inventory management, work force mobilization, wireless networking, and the managed services to support them all.
SUPPORTING QUOTESRandall Shipman, director, IT Infrastructure, Isola Group “Nine out of 10 times wireless technology on the shop floor is a critical part of the manufacturing process. Motorola’s WLAN solution brings centralization, strong security and monitoring – all of which help ensure efficiency with all mobile devices in an organization. If manufacturers want a bulletproof solution, this is it.”