STOCKHOLM, Sweden, April 23, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FIRST QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- Sales in the quarter were SEK 47.5 (52.0) b. Sales for comparable units, adjusted for currency, decreased -7% YoY and -28% QoQ
- Sales declined YoY, primarily in North America and Japan but partly offset by China, Middle East and Latin America
- Business mix in the quarter was mainly driven by mobile broadband capacity projects. With current visibility, key contracts awarded will gradually impact sales and business mix, mainly in the second half of the year.
- Operating margin improved YoY in all segments to 5.5% (4.0%) mainly driven by mobile broadband capacity sales and lower restructuring charges
- Operating income amounted to SEK 2.6 (2.1) b.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 9.4 b. driven by the payment from Samsung related to the new license agreement as well as reduced trade receivables.
|Sales growth adj. for comparable units and currency||-||-||-7%||-||-28%|
|EPS diluted, SEK||0.65||0.37||76%||1.97||-67%|
|EPS (Non-IFRS), SEK 1)||0.90||0.99||-9%||2.42||-63%|
|Cash flow from operating activities||9.4||-3.0||-||14.6||-36%|
|Net cash, end of period||43.6||32.2||35%||37.8||15%|
|1) EPS, diluted, excl. amortizations and write-downs of acquired intangible assets, and restructuring|
Comments from Hans Vestberg, President and CEO of Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC)
Sales for comparable units, adjusted for currency, declined by -7% year-over-year, with continued negative impact from North America and Japan. All segments showed margin improvements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV