NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) continued to climb Tuesday after the company announced Monday it had received FDA guidance to apply for regulatory approval of its experimental Duchenne muscular dystrophy drug eteplirsen by the end of the year. The application would lead to a clinical study on a larger scale.
The stock surged 14.16% to $38.79, a $4.81 increase from its previous close of $33.98, at the close of trading on Tuesday. More than 4 million shares changed hands, nearly triple the average volume of 1,435,740. Sarepta had a range of $34.51 to $39.20 on Tuesday and holds a 52-week range of $12.12 to $55.61.
The company said in a statement it would bolster its FDA application with more safety and efficacy data from an earlier trial of the drug, along with a confirmatory study it plans to begin in the third quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV