Trade-Ideas: Cree (CREE) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- CREE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $101.6 million.
- CREE is up 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CREE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CREE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CREE: Cree, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells lighting-class light emitting diode (LED), lighting, and semiconductor products for power and radio-frequency (RF) applications in the United States, China, Europe, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, and Taiwan. CREE has a PE ratio of 63.9. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Cree a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cree has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cree has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.73 and a short float of 11.4% with 6.84 days to cover. Shares are down 7.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cree as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CREE has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.08, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- CREE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CREE INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.74 versus $0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.67 versus $0.74).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 74.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $20.40 million to $35.68 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $98.75 million or 6.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CREE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -71.56%.
- You can view the full Cree Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.