Best and worst vehicles for preventing passenger injuries
Even people who know very little about the laws of physics will find few surprises on the 2014 edition of the best and worst cars for preventing passenger injuries, just released by Insure.com.
The 10 best cars for preventing passenger injuries are not cars at all, but large, costly trucks and sport-utility vehicles like the Ford F-350 and Cadillac Escalade.
The 10 worst cars for preventing passenger injuries fall into precisely the opposite category: small, lightweight cars that stress low prices and fuel economy. Dominating this list are subcompacts like Toyota's Yaris, Fiat's 500, Nissan's Versa and Chevrolet's Spark. The list also includes two of the best-selling midsize sedans.
Higher claims for injuries result in higher car insurance rates.Insure.com analyzed insurance rates for Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Medical Payments (MedPay) - the coverage that pays for injuries to your passengers in a crash. Using insurance rates for more than 750 vehicles in our annual car insurance comparison study, we identified the vehicles with the lowest and highest costs for PIP and MedPay coverage.
Size matters most
Best vehicles for protecting passengers from injuries
Worst vehicles for protecting passengers from injuries
Source: Insure.com. See the methodology of our annual car insurance rates study.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV