SAN ANTONIO, April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing its long-standing tradition of supporting armed forces members and veterans, Union Pacific yesterday presented Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) a $150,000 donation to assist injured service members as they transition back to civilian life. The donation will help support a full range of programs and services for this generation of Wounded Warriors and their families.
"We remain committed to actively recruiting the many talented troops returning home from service and feel privileged to be able to repay a small part of our nation's debt to them through this donation," said Diane Duren, Union Pacific's executive vice president and corporate secretary.
The donation marked Union Pacific's second time contributing funds to WWP from tax credits the company earned for hiring veterans meeting various government criteria. Union Pacific presented its first donation of $60,000 in November 2012.
"We are honored that Union Pacific continues to support this generation of injured service members and their families through Wounded Warrior Project," said Adam Silva, chief development officer for WWP. "Through our 20 programs and services, we are committed to assisting warriors with their needs of today and tomorrow. Our Independence Program and Long-Term Support Trust ensure the most severely injured veterans will have the support they will need for their lifetime."More than 50,000 service men and women have been injured in recent military conflicts. In addition to physical wounds, it is estimated as many as 400,000 service members live with the invisible wounds of war including combat-related stress, major depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. Another 320,000 are believed to have experienced a traumatic brain injury while on deployment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV