KRFT, KMB And PEP, 3 Consumer Goods Stocks Pushing The Sector Lower
1. As of noon trading, PepsiCo ( PEP) is down $0.56 (-0.7%) to $85.35 on light volume. Thus far, 1.8 million shares of PepsiCo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $85.26-$85.83 after having opened the day at $85.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.91. PepsiCo, Inc. operates as a food and beverage company worldwide. Its Frito-Lay North America segment offers Lay's and Ruffles potato chips, Doritos and Tostitos tortilla chips, Cheetos cheese flavored snacks, dips, Fritos corn chips, and Santitas tortilla chips. PepsiCo has a market cap of $131.4 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. Shares are up 3.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate PepsiCo a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PepsiCo as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full PepsiCo Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts