The Michigan Veterans Foundation today received $5,000 worth of Walmart gift cards from Rent-A-Center. The gift cards are tied to a philanthropic initiative dubbed “Random Acts of Caring.” Launched in 2008, the Rent-A-Center initiative provides unexpected donations of merchandise, funding or gift cards to deserving nonprofits across the country.
Dedicated to helping homeless veterans regain their stability and return to self-sufficiency, the Michigan Veterans Foundation fills gaps that exist in services provided to veterans.
“We certainly appreciate the gift cards,” said Michigan Veterans Foundation Executive Director Tyrone Chatman. “They will help us stay true to our motto: Never leave our wounded behind.”
“We selected the Michigan Veterans Foundation in recognition of the organization’s efforts in meeting the needs and improving the lives of area veterans,” said Xavier Dominicis, Rent-A-Center’s vice president of public affairs. “Today marks the 96th Random Act of Caring undertaken since Rent-A-Center launched this initiative to support the communities it serves.”The gift cards will be used to meet the ongoing needs of the Michigan Veterans Foundation's Detroit Veterans Center, a transitional housing facility and resource center. About Rent-A-Center Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ:RCII), headquartered in Plano, Texas, operates more than 3,000 stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico. The Company employs over 20,000 coworkers. Learn more at www.rentacenter.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV