- Top law firms included Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP with 20 total deals; Kirkland & Ellis LLP with 18; Latham & Watkins LLP with 17; Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP with 16 and Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP with 14.
- Top law firms representing investment advisers included White & Case LLP with nine total deals; Manatt, Phelps & Phillips LLP with five; and both Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP with four each.
- Top Delaware law firms included Richards, Layton & Finger PA with 13 total deals; followed by Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP with 12 and Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP with eight.
- Top investment advisers included Morgan Stanley with 21 total deals; Barclays Capital with 20; Goldman, Sachs & Co. with 18, and both Lazard and JPMorgan Chase & Co. with 17 each.
- Top proxy solicitors/information agents included Innisfree M&A Inc. with seven total deals; D.F. King & Co. with six; both MacKenzie Partners Inc. and Morrow & Co. LLC with three and Okapi Partners LLC with two.
- The top public relations firms were Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher with 19 total deals; Sard Verbinnen & Co. with 17; both Abernathy MacGregor Group Inc. and Kekst and Co. with nine and Owen Blicksilver Public Relations Inc. with five.
The Deal Announces Results Of Q1 2014 M&A League Tables
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.