BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The back-and-forth is continuing in stocks. After the worst week for the S&P 500 since 2012 at the start of April, stocks regained all of that lost ground last week in a 2.71% four-day buying spree.
That one-step-forward-one-step-back trading is precisely why, nearly four months into 2014, 1.3% is all the S&P 500 has to show for us since the start of the year. But even though the market hasn't offered up a broad-based rally like it did in 2013, there are still big opportunities in individual stocks. It pays to be tactical in your trades right now, and the financial sector is one space where stock pickers have no shortage of profitable prospects.So as another day looks ready to reverse the previous day's price action today, we're taking a technical look at five financial sector stocks that look tradable this week. For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>Side-Step the Selling With These 5 Big Trades Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV