On CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said CEO David Aldrich has completely reinvented the company.
Cramer added that Skyworks has shifted into the health care and auto industries, diversifying its business and lowering its dependency on the smartphone and tablet market.
The company has a dividend and buyback program, no debt and continues to take market share, he said.He suggested investors are viewing Skyworks' earnings report as a "read" on what Apple's (AAPL) earnings results will be like when it reports after Wednesday's close. Instead, a more accurate read is ARM Holdings (ARMH), which also reported earnings. The company is "much more Apple-related," he said, noting that ARMH reported somewhat disappointing results.
ARM Holdings has a good story, "but they don't have the growth that Skyworks has," he concluded.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV