Two companies that are best positioned to take advantage of the Permian Basin are Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) and Concho Resources (CXO). Concho is particularly interesting because it is undervalued and will go higher, he said.
Turning to gold miners, Cramer thinks a deal between Barrick Gold (ABX) and Newmont Mining (NEM) will get done. In fact, he said, the merger between the two miners will be the first of many consolidations in the sector.
Gold prices continue to stagnate while miners' costs are still too high. Therefore, merging several gold miners makes sense, he argued, so investors should buy the stocks involved in the deals.So far, investors seem to be ignoring the potential deals in the gold mining space -- particularly between NEM and ABX -- but Cramer attributed this to the fact that gold prices haven't gone up. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV