- The state-of-the-art digital content warehouse and 'App Factory' will serve as the core digital hub for the Canadian Tire Family of Companies
- The centre will add 50 new Winnipeg-based employees to the Canadian Tire team over the next year
TORONTO, April 22, 2014 /CNW/ - Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (CTC) (TSX:CTC) (TSX:CTC.a) has officially opened its Cloud Nine Digital Innovation Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba. One of the most advanced centres of its kind in North America, the 28,000 square foot site will house a digital content warehouse, application lab, testing lab and high performance data centre. It will serve as the core digital hub for the Canadian Tire Family of Companies and allow the Company to provide greater digital services to its customers, suppliers, employees and partners.
The new centre will provide the Company – which includes Canadian Tire retail stores, Mark's, FGL Sports (Sport Chek, Hockey Experts, Sports Experts, National Sports, Intersport, Pro Hockey Life and Atmosphere), Partsource, Gas+ and Financial Services – with 20-times more computing power and 10-times more network bandwidth than its existing technology infrastructure. The new facility will also be used to host its new 'App Factory,' where advanced digital solutions and new technologies will be developed for use in-store and online.
"At Canadian Tire, we've been serving Canadians for over 90 years and innovation has always been a hallmark of our history," said Eugene Roman, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Canadian Tire Corporation. "The launch of the Cloud Nine Digital Innovation Centre is one of the biggest digital endeavours ever taken on by the Company – the applications we are developing here will enhance the in-store shopping experiences for our customers, turbo-charge their interaction with our brands online and provide great improvements to our back-end operations."Attached to the Cloud Nine Digital Innovation centre is an Advanced Gamification space and Digital Media Hub called the NEWcleus. The goal of the NEWcleus is to create technology to change the way people communicate and interact with the Company's retail stores.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV