NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- GW Pharmaceuticals
(GWPH) stock is soaring, up 31.1% to $60.37 in trading on Tuesday.
The increase follows coverage initiation on the cannabis prescription drug company's stock with an "overweight" rating by analysts at Morgan Stanley (MS). The firm set a $103 price target on the company's shares.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
SELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more.
Analysts see the company's cannabis based epilepsy treatment drug, Epidiolex, as having "strong potential, with the epilepsy program driving valuation."
"While small and still anecdotal, there is a consistently strong and building set of data (case cohort and controlled) which highlight the positive impact of Cannabidiol on refractory epilepsy pts," the firm said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV