Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMT): Stock With Unusual Social Activity
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMT) as an unusual social activity candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Lockheed Martin Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LMT has 19x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 5.84 mentions/day.
- LMT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $231.2 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LMT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LMT NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on LMT: Lockheed Martin Corporation, a security and aerospace company, is engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services for defense, civil, and commercial applications in United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. LMT has a PE ratio of 18.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Lockheed Martin Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.The average volume for Lockheed Martin Corporation has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lockheed Martin has a market cap of $51.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 0.61 and a short float of 2.3% with 3.72 days to cover. Shares are up 8.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lockheed Martin Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, LMT's share price has jumped by 65.63%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LMT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 171.33% to $938.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.90%.
- LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP's earnings per share declined by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $9.04 versus $8.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.60 versus $9.04).
- LMT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Lockheed Martin Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV