Extra Space Storage (EXR) Hits New Lifetime High Today
- EXR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.6 million.
- EXR has traded 4,242 shares today.
- EXR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXR: Extra Space Storage, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. It engages in property management and development activities that include acquiring, managing, developing, and selling, as well as the rental of self-storage facilities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. EXR has a PE ratio of 31.7. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Extra Space Storage a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Extra Space Storage has been 827,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Extra Space has a market cap of $5.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 2% with 2.23 days to cover. Shares are up 18.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Extra Space Storage as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 45.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for EXTRA SPACE STORAGE INC is rather high; currently it is at 55.36%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 40.58% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $72.68 million or 15.50% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EXTRA SPACE STORAGE INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.11%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 113.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $36.08 million to $76.94 million.
- You can view the full Extra Space Storage Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.