Carlisle Companies (CSL) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
- CSL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.9 million.
- CSL has traded 3,645 shares today.
- CSL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSL: Carlisle Companies Incorporated operates as a diversified manufacturing company in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. CSL has a PE ratio of 22.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Carlisle Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Carlisle Companies has been 268,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Carlisle Companies has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.71 and a short float of 1.1% with 2.34 days to cover. Shares are down 1.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Carlisle Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Industrial Conglomerates industry average. The net income increased by 45.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $47.80 million to $69.70 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.07, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- CARLISLE COS INC has improved earnings per share by 24.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CARLISLE COS INC reported lower earnings of $3.61 versus $4.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.00 versus $3.61).
- CSL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Carlisle Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.