Andersons (ANDE) Hits New Lifetime High
- ANDE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.5 million.
- ANDE has traded 2,275 shares today.
- ANDE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANDE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANDE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ANDE: The Andersons, Inc. is engaged in the grain, ethanol, plant nutrient, railcar leasing, turf and cob products, and consumer retailing businesses. It operates in six segments: Grain, Ethanol, Rail, Plant Nutrient, Turf & Specialty, and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. ANDE has a PE ratio of 18.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Andersons a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Andersons has been 275,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Andersons has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.08 and a short float of 5.4% with 4.76 days to cover. Shares are up 6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Andersons as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 102.51% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 84.49% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ANDE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ANDERSONS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ANDERSONS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.18 versus $2.83 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.24 versus $3.18).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food & Staples Retailing industry. The net income increased by 104.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $14.99 million to $30.66 million.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ANDERSONS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.75%. Regardless of ANDE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.93% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Andersons Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.