TORONTO, April 22, 2014 /CNW/ - What is the one thing your life depends on most? Water probably wasn't the first thing that came to mind but it should - it is one of the most important natural resources on earth - one that all life depends on. We believe in helping provide access to swimmable, fishable, drinkable water through our RBC Blue Water Project. Water is just one of the environmental issues we are committed to in addition to reducing our own environmental footprint and providing our clients with environmental products and services.
For the sixth consecutive year, RBC has been selected as one of Canada's Greenest Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc. in its annual survey of Canadian businesses.
Canada's Greenest Employers recognizes the employers that lead the nation in creating a culture of environmental awareness in their organizations. These leading Canadian employers have developed exceptional earth-friendly initiatives and are attracting people to their organizations because of their environmental leadership.
RBC is being recognized for our commitments to reducing our environmental footprint, managing environmental and social risk, providing our clients with environmental products and services and promoting environmental sustainability in our communities."One of the truly great things about working for an organization like RBC is seeing what happens when our employees, individually and collectively, act on our commitments and bring our programs and initiatives to life for the good of our society and the environment" said Shari Austin, vice-president, RBC Corporate Citizenship and executive director, RBC Foundation. "It's one of the ways that we take responsibility for our own direct and indirect environmental impacts. We are honoured to be recognized for these efforts." This year's winners are being announced today in a special editorial supplement in The Globe and Mail. For the full list of Canada's Greenest Employers for 2014 and the editors' detailed reasons for selecting each winner, visit: www.canadasTop100.com/environmental. Other recognitions that RBC has received for its best practices in the past year include:
- Canada's "Top 100 Employers" by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
- "Best Workplaces in Canada" by the Great Place to Work® Institute Canada
- Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Canada's Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
- Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada
- Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
- Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV