NEW YORK, April 22, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Harris & Harris Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:TINY), an investor in transformative companies enabled by disruptive science, notes the receipt of $6.5 million from the sale of Molecular Imprints, Inc.'s semiconductor business to Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan. Harris & Harris Group could receive an additional $625,000 from amounts held in escrow as well as up to $1.7 million upon the achievement of certain milestones. Harris & Harris Group invested a total of $4.5 million in Molecular Imprints, beginning with its initial investment in 2004. It valued its securities of Molecular Imprints at $8.3 million as of December 31, 2013.
In addition, with the closing a new spinout company was created that kept the original "Molecular Imprints" name. This new company will continue development and commercialization of nanoscale patterning in consumer electronic and biomedical applications. It will have the advantage of capital, key personnel and rights jointly owned with Canon to MII's intellectual property portfolio, along with multiple system platforms. Harris & Harris Group is now a shareholder of this new company.
CONTACT: DOUGLAS W. JAMISON (212) 582-0900
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV