NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Boeing
(BA) and Procter & Gamble
(PG) headline a parade of large-cap companies reporting earnings before the bell Wednesday. Today we'll profile these companies' stocks, providing you with information on how to trade them.
When we profile stocks before earnings we include two "Crunching the Numbers" tables (see Pages 3 and 4). The first table covers technical analysis. The second table covers analysts' earnings per share estimates and where to buy on weakness and sell on strength.
Let's start with individual profiles and then look at the tables.
Boeing ($127.82, down 6.1% year to date): Analysts expect the airplane manufacturer and Dow Jones Industrial Average component to report EPS of $1.54 before the opening bell Wednesday. The stock tested its 200-day simple moving average at $123.08 last Monday through Wednesday.
The weekly chart is positive with a five-week modified moving average at $126.75. Semiannual and annual value levels are $123.73 and $102.41, respectively, with a quarterly pivot at $128.41 and a monthly risky level at $145.53.Delta Air Lines (DAL) ($33.94, up 24% YTD): Analysts expect the airline to report EPS of 29 cents before the opening bell Wednesday. The airline reached an altitude never seen before at $36.52 on April 2 then hit an air pocket as low as $30.54 on April 15. The weekly chart shifts to negative given a close this week below its five-week MMA at $33.28. A quarterly value level is $31.77 with weekly and monthly risky levels at $35.71 and $36.39, respectively. Dow Chemical (DOW) ($48.75, up 9.8% YTD): Analysts expect the provider of chemicals, plastics and agricultural products to report earnings per share of 70 cents before the opening bell Wednesday. The stock set a multiyear intraday high at $50.96 on March 25 then traded as low as $46.56 on April 15.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV