NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Allergan Inc. (AGN - Get Report) are surging as Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. (VRX - Get Report) offered to buy Allergan for about $152.89 a share in a cash-and-stock deal that will give Valeant the Botox wrinkle treatment, according to Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
Allergan investors would receive $48.30 in cash and 0.83% in Valeant stock for each share they own, said Valeant.
Pershing Square Capital Management LP, run by Bill Ackman and Allergan's largest shareholder with 9.7% of shares outstanding, supports the deal, according to Valeant.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.33, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.64, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, ALLERGAN INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $515.30 million or 3.08% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.34%.
- ALLERGAN INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALLERGAN INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.20 versus $3.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.46 versus $4.20).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AGN Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts