NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Over the last couple years, I made the decision to focus on writing about companies rather than stocks.
In the shell of a frank nut, I don't feel comfortable making buy/sell recommendations. I prefer to create ongoing narratives around a handful of companies and spaces, allowing one article to flow to the next. I change my mind, test theories and wonder out loud in front of you.
With that in mind, outside of a handful of exceptions (like presciently calling Pandora (P) every step of the way to nailing Best Buy (BBY)), I tend to stay away from saying buy or sell this or that stock. Ultimately, case-by-case circumstances dictate what those decisions will/need to be so who am I to make blanket recommendations (rhetorical question w/o the question mark) ...
However, if there was ever going to be a time to say sell your house, squat in a foreclosure, pull your kids out of private school, loan them out for summer farm work and eat Top Ramen so you can load up on a stock, it would come on an Apple (AAPL) post-earnings implosion. In fact, I'd be tempted to buy on relatively modest weakness or a continuation of the absurd status quo of underperforming stagnation.But, as the stock jockeys like to say, "back up the truck" if AAPL moves below $500 again. After the click to Page Two, one plausible scenario that could play itself out after Apple reports Wednesday afternoon ...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV