Trade-Ideas: Allergan (AGN) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- AGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $690.7 million.
- AGN is up 7.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AGN: Allergan, Inc. operates as a multi-specialty health care company primarily in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. AGN has a PE ratio of 31.2. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Allergan a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Allergan has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Allergan has a market cap of $40.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.68 and a short float of 1% with 0.69 days to cover. Shares are up 20.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Allergan as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.33, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.64, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, ALLERGAN INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $515.30 million or 3.08% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.34%.
- ALLERGAN INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALLERGAN INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.20 versus $3.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.46 versus $4.20).
- You can view the full Allergan Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts