NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of global investment management firm Cohen & Steers Inc. (CNS) finished lower -2.01% to $38.99 on Monday due to a ratings downgrade to "hold" from "buy" at Gabelli & Co (GAB).
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates COHEN & STEERS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate COHEN & STEERS INC (CNS) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- CNS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, COHEN & STEERS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- COHEN & STEERS INC has improved earnings per share by 26.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COHEN & STEERS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.52 versus $1.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.71 versus $1.52).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Capital Markets industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 28.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.14 million to $19.45 million.
- 39.62% is the gross profit margin for COHEN & STEERS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 26.69% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CNS Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts