NAPERVILLE, Ill. and LONDON, April 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Calamos Investments ®*, a globally diversified investment management firm, released its quarterly Global Economic Review and Outlook. The outlook provides the firm's views on the current economic environment and discusses factors that may affect the global markets and investing opportunities and risks. Calamos invites you to read the entire April 2014 Global Economic Review and Outlook at www.calamos.com/outlook.
Topics include the firm's following beliefs:
- The global economy can maintain its slow recovery trajectory, supported by accommodative monetary policy and low inflation.
- The U.S. is in the middle innings of recovery, China is positioned for a soft landing, and conditions in the euro zone and U.K. are increasingly favorable.
- Economic reforms provide a compelling backdrop for many emerging markets, but selectivity is key.
- The current climate calls for a balance of secular and cyclical growth, as well as adherence to valuation disciplines.
- Convertibles may prove especially beneficial in a volatile equity market, against the backdrop of rising interest rates.
About CalamosCalamos Investments is a diversified global investment firm offering innovative investment strategies including equity, fixed income, convertible and alternative investments, among others. The firm offers strategies through separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, closed-end funds, private funds and UCITS funds. Clients include major corporations, pension funds, endowments, foundations and individuals, as well as the financial advisors and consultants who serve them. Headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area, the firm also has offices in London and New York.
For more information, please visit www.calamos.com.This material is distributed for informational purposes only. The opinions referenced are as of the date of publication and are subject to change due to changes in the market or economic conditions and may not necessarily come to pass. Information contained herein is for informational purposes only and should not be considered investment advice. *Calamos Investments LLC, referred to herein as Calamos Investments ®, is a financial services company offering such services through its subsidiaries: Calamos Advisors LLC, Calamos Wealth Management LLC, Calamos Investments LLP and Calamos Financial Services LLC. SOURCE Calamos Advisors LLC
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts