It's "just a huge leap forward for the entire Skechers performance division, the entire brand as a whole," Rick Higgins, VP of merchandising and marketing at Skechers' performance division, told Bloomberg. "Just having that legitimacy and credibility in that market."
- SKECHERS U S A INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, SKECHERS U S A INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.08 versus $0.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.77 versus $1.08).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income increased by 258.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.96 million to $14.17 million.
- 47.00% is the gross profit margin for SKECHERS U S A INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.14% trails the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 250.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 64.22% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, SKECHERS U S A INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SKX Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts