- Continues to voluntarily install Advanced Waste Water Treatment Systems, and work on research and development for potential installations on new and existing ships. Almost half of the company's fleet (48 of 101 ships) has installed such systems.
- Installed vessel shore power systems – known as "cold ironing" – on 20 percent of the company's fleet to connect to a port's electrical grid, significantly reducing air emissions at ports that have shore power capabilities. In addition, several ships within Carnival's fleet have partial plug-in installations which can be retrofitted to full installation if they are deployed on an itinerary where the port has infrastructure and capacity for shore power connection.
- In 2013, fuel consumption decreased by more than five percent since 2007.
- An 18 percent increase in non-hazardous waste recycled from ships from 2011 to 2012.
- One hundred percent of Carnival's Operating Lines and ships are certified in accordance with ISO 14001, one of the world's leading environmental management system certifications.
Carnival Corporation Celebrates Earth Day: Will Meet Goal To Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.