NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of SunEdison Inc. (SUNE - Get Report) are up 1.53% to $17.93 on Monday following news the developer and seller of photovoltaic energy solutions finished the sale of its 20 MW Adobe Solar Facility to The Southern Company (SO - Get Report) and Turner Renewable Energy.
The project will provide clean and renewable energy to power 5,000 homes and is the fourth project the company has developed with The Southern Company and Turner Renewable Energy, SunEdison said.
The facility is based out of Kern County, California and the company expects the Adobe Solar Facility to generate $1.3 million in property tax revenue and $9.7 million in sales and use tax revenue for the country under the terms of a 20-year power purchase agreement.
TheStreet Ratings team rates SUNEDISON INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate SUNEDISON INC (SUNE) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SUNE's share price has jumped by 298.64%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- SUNE, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- SUNEDISON INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUNEDISON INC reported poor results of -$2.39 versus -$0.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.18 versus -$2.39).
- The gross profit margin for SUNEDISON INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.04%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -51.95% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$399.20 million or 2106.03% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SUNE Ratings Report